Friday, April 16, 2010

Wool Felt Area Rug Not Grey Swiss Cheese

You may think that area rugs can get boring after awhile and you would be partly correct. When I see the same types of area rugs every day with the same issues it can get tiring. I still love the rugs, but I also enjoy rugs that are different and have a story behind them.

In the last two weeks we have some very unique and interesting area rugs for cleaning and repair. Today I am going to highlight one of those unique rugs.

At first glance you wouldn't think it was an area rug, but Surprise! it is.



This rug looks a lot like gray Swiss cheese, but it is a modern take on area rugs.

I love this rug purely for the fact that it is non traditional. Put this under a silver legged table with granny apple green walls and white sheer curtains, voila the rug adds texture. In a living room with a red sofa and chocolate brown coffee table and a funky lamp, ah home.

Going against the grain and using different types of area rugs should be embraced. I enjoy most classifications of decor, but I lean more towards modern, and sleek with classic lines and colours.

Wherever you draw inspiration from to decorate as long as you make it your style you can never go wrong.

I always love to write about unique area rugs and rugs with a great story or history. If you have a great rug, please bring it in and I will feature it on my blog.

Thanks for reading, RugloverMary.

No comments:

Post a Comment